Logistic Assistant (West Seram – Maluku)
Wednesday, 06 June 2007
CARDI – the Consortium for Assistance and Recovery toward Development in Indonesia- is a coalition of the the Norwegian Refugee Council, the International Rescue Committee and Stichting Vluchteling (the Dutch Refugee Foundation), registered as a non-governmental organization with the Government of Denmark. CARDI is currently working in Aceh, Maluku, North Maluku as well as in Central Sulawesi. In Maluku, CARDI opened its office in Ambon by 2001, and has implemented various projects activities in micro-grants (multi-sectors intervention on school rehabilitation/reconstruction, income generating activity, water and sanitation, and health rehabilitation facility), youth empowerment program, school hygiene support and emergency program. In 2006, CARDI is going to implement Community-Driven Reconstruction composed Youth Empowerment and Community-Driven Reconstruction Program funded by Stichting Vluchteling.
Scope of work
Under supervision of the Program Manager / Coordinator, the Logistics Assistant will be in charge of logistically related tasks of the program and administration in Ambon office and Seram sub-office. S/he will work as the driver when required.
* Procure CARDI equipment, materials and offices supplies by the processing of purchase request, quotation, bid analysis, purchase order, delivery report and invoice or receipt accounting according to CARDI procedures and to maintain these archives;
* Maintain filing system for PR, quotations, bid analysis, PO, DR and invoice / receipt for materials and equipment purchased;
* Control and maintain CARDI assets and inventory equipments databases by keeping record and updating the database in monthly bases prior to be sent to Jakarta office;
* Control and maintain inventory system for office supply stock;
* Responsible for CARDI vehicles which includes but is not limited to:
+ Ensure all drivers of vehicles have filled vehicle usage form and current copy of valid driver’s license;
+ Procurement of fuel and control the record of vehicle expenses log sheet;
+ Supervision and training of driver including adherence to internal CARDI policies and procedures;
+ Ensure that vehicle is maintained and driven properly, keeping record on anything done to them;
* Managing of vehicle movements and keeping record of vehicle log sheet.
* Responsible for the maintenance, repair, etc. in CARDI offices and houses;
* Record all purchased material in monthly bases for further use;
* Organize and maintain records of the movements of materials, equipments, and/or assets between the offices and houses;
* Verify waybill for all incoming equipment and maintain filing system;
* Ensure waybill and appropriate documentation is prepared for all outgoing equipment;
* Maintain and update price listing at least in quarterly bases;
* Supervision and training of drivers and guards including regular meeting;
* Orientation of all new CARDI staff on logistics procedures;
* Preparation of monthly report of logistic procurement, asset and inventory list and report to Jakarta;
* Maintain and up date list of books and CDs in CARDI field office;
* Monitoring and evaluation of micro-project implementation in CARDI target locations and provide necessary trainings related to logistic as required;
* Other duties as requested by supervisor.
* Bachelor or Graduate Degree in Information Technology – IT, or other technology areas;
* Proven experience in logistics and procurement (preferable to those who have experienced working with INGOs);
* Ability to cope with more than one task at same time.
* Proficiency in English (spoken and written)
* Computer literate in MS-Word and MS Excel and E-mail
* Ability to work as part of a team as well as to work autonomously when required.
* To be able to use initiative and make appropriate decisions
* Highly responsible, reliable, honest and punctual.
* Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
Please apply for this position by emailing email@example.com_CLOAKING All applicants must cover letter, curriculum vitae, and contact information for three (3) references
Job Title: Logistic Assistant . Date: June 2007
Report To: Program Manager/ Field Coordinator . Submitted by: Program Manager
Location: West Seram – Maluku . Approved by: Country Director
Length: 10 Months