Norwegian Red Cross (NorCross)
Location: Indonesia (Banda Aceh (non-family posting))
Closing date: 15 Aug 2007
The Red Cross is an international humanitarian relief agency, with Red Cross or Red Crescent societies in 187 countries. The basic principle of the organisation is the protection of human life and rights in order to work towards worldwide peace.
From 1 November 2007 for 2 years
The Norwegian Red Cross (NorCross) seeks a Country Representative to effectively and efficiently manage all aspects of NorCross’ tsunami recovery portfolio in Indonesia. The Country Representative is responsible for a large team of expatriate and national staff who are implementing a diverse programme of operations in Aceh Province. The programme consists of projects in health infrastructure and community-based health, water and sanitation, disaster management and small-scale livelihoods activities. In addition to managing the tsunami recovery portfolio, she/he will also represent NorCross within the Red Cross Movement. The position is based in Banda Ace (non-family posting). Travel to Jakarta to attend coordination meetings will be required approximately once a month. The Country Coordinator reports directly to the Tsunami Programme Coordinator, who is based in Oslo.
Ensure that NorCross’ work in Indonesia helps targeted beneficiaries in ways that are meaningful and lasting. This will be carried out by effective management of the programme (strategically and administratively); effective management of the staff hired to implement our projects; effective collaboration with our partners, within the Red Cross Movement and with NorCross headquarters. The Country Representative will be responsible for ensuring that
– our projects have clear, agreed and measurable objectives, reasonable timelines and realistic budgets; that they remain within the scope of their initial design and budget and, where necessary, propose and prepare any amendments; and that they include activities for effective monitoring and assessment against stated goals and objectives;
– our relationships with our collaborators and partners are productive and meaningful as a means to ensure a lasting impact in our work;
– our programme needs are met by the most appropriate, timely and effective staffing possible;
– our field staff have a shared vision for the objectives of the programme, a clear sense that they play a role in achieving these objectives and regular opportunities to consult on their work;
– our staff are motivated, have clear indications of what is expected of them, how they will be evaluated and that they have regular and honest feedback on their work according to systems already in place within NorCross;
– regular and productive communication flows are maintained between headquarters and the field;
– there is timely, professionally written, meaningful and accurate reporting on programme and project progress, both narrative and financial, according to a variety of requirements;
– our staff are kept safe and that they adhere to all security guidelines and procedures and that they are updated regularly on the security situation; and
– additional responsibilities as may be requested by the Programme Coordinator are carried as necessary.
We offer this opportunity to someone who can demonstrate
– a track record for delivering results in a complex international development environment;
– the ability to take and communicate clear decisions that result in positive action;
– a clear commitment to good staff management and development;
– hands-on administrative management experience, including professionally written narrative and solid financial reporting skills;
– the ability to deal with conflict in a positive and productive manner;
– the ability to delegate while maintaining a clear overview of programme progress;
– the ability to communicate effectively (in English) in both informal and formal professional settings; and
– a creative and results-oriented approach to management and problem-solving.
Experience with the Red Cross is an advantage.
Please complete online application at: http://stilling.recruiter.no/lists/vacPos.aspx?jobID=74755&clientID=1820&groupID=0&lang=NO or send cover letter and CV to email@example.com (with reference to position “Country Rep Indonesia”).
Please see above instructions
Reference Code: RW_746CC8-81