Head of Mission
Belgian Red Cross
Location: Indonesia (Banda Aceh)
Closing date: 01 Jul 2007
The Belgium Red Cross, French part, is recruiting a head of mission within the framework of its activities in Indonesia.
Contract for determined period : 12 months
Location: Banda Aceh (Aceh / Indonesia), with regular travels within the Province
Entry on duty: as soon as possible
The Belgian Red Cross – French Speaking Community (CRB) is supporting the fisheries sector in the Province of Aceh through the strengthening of fishermen cooperatives, construction of traditional fishing boats, and the installation of an ice factory.
A project aiming at developing the capacity of the Indonesian Red Cross in disaster preparedness and disaster management within 2 districts of the Province of Aceh is expected to start in January 2008 for an estimated period of 3 years.
1. To represent the Belgian Red Cross – French speaking community with the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC), the Palang Merah Indonesia (Indonesian Red Cross), national authorities, international/national organisations, as well as national and international media.
2.To manage and implement CRB operational responsibilities and cooperation activities, in accordance with approved plans, regulations, and policies.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the supervision of CRB Operational Desk for Asia based in Brussels, the Head of Mission will have the following responsibilities:
1. To supervise and coordinate the implementation of CRB projects in Indonesia according to approved plans and budgets;
2. To coordinate and cooperate with all relevant partners (especially within Red Cross Movement), institutions, and authorities during all phases of the projects;
3. To coach, supervise and coordinate projects staff and promote a supportive working relationship within the team
4. To take initiatives to identify new projects, develop and submit project proposals, and to raise funds in Indonesia in close coordination with CRB Headquarters
5. To manage the CRB mission in Indonesia, including fixed assets, financial assets and other resources in accordance with the CRB procedures and regulations
6. To ensure that planning, budgeting and reporting are carried out in a timely and appropriate fashion
7. To manage the security for all members of the CRB mission according to the regulations developed by the ICRC and IFRC
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
– 5 years experience of working for a humanitarian organisation in a developing country (among which at least 2 years as Head of Mission)
– Experience of analysing, planning and managing programmes and resources;
– Experience in managing and supporting multidisciplinary team
– Experience of acting in a representational role and negotiating with international organizations and governmental authorities
– A technical academic background in one of the areas of intervention of the CRB in Indonesia (capacity development, disaster preparedness and management)
– Excellent command of English (written and spoken), knowledge of French
– The following would be considered as important assets: knowledge of the Red Cross Movement (BTC), previous experience in Indonesia
The general conditions offered for the position are: a gross salary between 2400 – 2800 €/month based on professional experience, an insurance and pension scheme, housing in the place of assignment, and 1 annual return ticket.
Is this profile made for you? Send us your application letter and CV in two attachments by e-mail at the following address:
Damien Van Wynsberghe
Belgian Red Cross, International Department
Administrator of expatriate personnel
Reference Code: RW_747KKR-24