Pact, Inc. (Pact)
Closing date: 27 Jun 2007
Pact is a networked global organization that builds the capacity of local leaders and organizations to meet pressing social needs in dozens of countries around the world. Our work is firmly rooted in the belief that local communities must be the driving force in ending poverty and injustice.
Pact is an international non-profit corporation whose mission is to build empowered communities, effective governments and responsible private institutions that give people an opportunity for a better life. We do this by strengthening the capacity of organizations and institutions to be good service providers, represent their stakeholders, network with others for learning and knowledge sharing, and advocate for social, economic and environmental justice. Interdependence, responsible stewardship, inclusion of vulnerable groups, and respect for local ownership and knowledge are core values across all of our programs.
Pact is recruiting Indonesia-based staff to manage and implement a program to address the causes and consequences of conflict across Indonesia through community-based activities, training, monitoring and networking. Candidates should have relevant experience working with Indonesian NGOs, government ministries, and multi-lateral organizations.
Pact employees embrace the following core values as representatives of the institution:
– All people have a right to participate in decisions affecting their lives
– Gender equity is mandatory for social transformation
– Resources are allocated in a transparent manner, guided by accountability to our clients and pact’s role as steward of resources intended for the poor
– Diversity in background, gender and age strengthen our capacity to be wise managers of public and private funds
– Teamwork and collaboration shape our day-to-day working relationships
– Innovation and risk taking to achieve impact and broad scaleable results drive strategic priorities
– Gathering and sharing information are primary roles for all employees
– Staff growth and advancement are a priority, including training and professional skills building to increase knowledge and competence and to stay abreast of new developments, especially in technology
– A healthy balance between work and life outside of work must be maintained for work satisfaction and fulfillment
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
– Manage all aspects of Aceh Province field offices.
– Supervise field presence in Aceh, including operations, administration, logistics, procurement, budgeting, financial accounting (expenditures and reporting) and the Performance Based Management System (PBMS) management.
– Oversee the administrative aspects of management of all subcontractors in Aceh in coordination with the Chief of Party.
– At least five (5) years experience working on complex and challenging field operations in conflict or post-conflict developing countries.
– Program development experience in conflict-affected and crisis environments.
– Previous experience hiring, supervising and training local personnel; systems and office set-up; budgeting; financial management (tracking, reporting and accounting); procurement and tracking non-expendable property.
– Familiarity with the appropriate USAID requirements.
– Demonstrated track record in managing multiple program areas simultaneously.
– Fluency in written and spoken English.
– Fluency in written and spoken Bahasa Indonesia.
Salary: Competitive salary based on experience, plus an excellent benefits package.
Please submit a resume and cover letter no later than June 27th to Alysha B. Warren, email@example.com , Recruitment Officer, via email or fax +1(202) 466-5669. Reference “Program Manager_Indonesia” in subject line of all email applications. EOE
Reference Code: RW_73YHUF-45