International Medical Corps (IMC)
Location: Indonesia (Jakarta)
Closing date: 30 Jun 2007
International Medical Corps is a global humanitarian nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs.
Position: Project Manager
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
The Strengthening Emergency Preparedness and Response in Indonesia (SEPRI) project aims to build the institutional capability of a local Indonesian nongovernmental organization to prepare for and respond rapidly and effectively to disasters. The SEPRI Project Manager is responsible for all aspects of the project, reporting to the IMC Indonesia Country Director.
Key tasks include:
– Assess, plan and oversee development of management, training, finance, logistics and admin/HR systems of local partner agency.
– Supervise consultants and staff to develop systems and conduct training.
– Coordinate pre-positioning of disaster response equipment and supplies. Liaise with external organizations for the provision of in-kind contributions.
– Oversee the development and implementation of training of trainer (TOT) programs for local medical and emergency services personnel.
– Strengthen grant writing and fundraising capacity, and seek external funding for projects.
– Assess emergency or simulation response, and evaluate overall project success.
– Provide detailed regular internal and donor reports.
Education and/or Experience Requirements:
– Organizational development, strategic planning and capacity building
– Disaster or medical emergency preparedness and/or response
– Developing world and other resource-challenged environments
– NGO management and project coordination; international humanitarian standards
– Collaboration with local and international NGOs, UN and government agencies
– Supervision and training of local staff or partners; supervision of expatriates, consultants
– Financial management and budget development
– Grant writing and/or public fundraising
– Good spoken and written English; able to communicate effectively with less fluent non-native speakers; clear and persuasive report and proposal writing
– Experience in Asia, preferably Indonesia. Indonesian language competency desirable
To officially begin the application process, please visit our website at http://www.imcworldwide.org and complete the online employment application form found under the tab “Join Our Team”. Please reference Relief Web.
Reference Code: RW_6XST5F-39