Psychiatrist/Mental Health Project Officer
International Organization for Migration (IOM)
Intern Govermental Organization (UN Agency)
Location: Indonesia (Banda Aceh, Nangroe Aceh Darussalam)
Closing date: 02 Jul 2007
OPEN TO INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL CANDIDATES
IOM is looking for a Psychiatrist/Mental Health Project Officer according to the terms of reference below.
Reference Code: SVN/ID1/2007/051
Position Title: Psychiatrist/Mental Health Project Officer
Classification: National Officer
Duty Station: Banda Aceh, Nanggroe Aceh Darussalam, Indonesia
Estimate Starting Date: Soon as Possible
Type of Appointment : Special, 3 months with possibility of extension
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Office in Banda Aceh and under the technical guidance of the Migration Health Physician/Mental Health Advisor and/or the Regional Migration Health Manager in Bangkok, the successful candidate will be responsible for the implementation of the post conflict psychosocial and mental health activities within the Aceh/Nias Recovery and Rehabilitation Program. In particular, he/she will:
1. Manage the extension and implementation of the Direct Health and Psychosocial Assistance Project (DHPAP) Pilot phase, organize and conduct a participatory review, planning and redesign of the work-plan, as appropriate.
2. Provide mental health expertise and translate Harvard Medical School (HMS) action plans into implementation measures.
3. Coordinate with Harvard Medical School advisory members on technical matters related to the extension of DHPAP pilot phase.
4. Organize and conduct trainings; provide ongoing technical supervision to further develop and improve the technical skills of project staff in delivering the health services/activities of the project.
5. Participate in relevant technical coordination and planning meetings both internally within IOM and externally with implementing partners, donors and other stakeholders.
6. Establish partnership with relevant health service providers, Ministry of Health, provincial Health office and District Health office and agencies to support effective and efficient implementation of the project.
7. Supervise and provide technical support to project staff (in accordance with the Project Operational Plan): conduct and facilitate staff performance appraisal as required;
8. Review and ensure validity of completed medical documents and reports with the relevant staff in the Medical Team.
9. Monitor and determine financial expenditures while ensuring consistency with the budget plan.
10. Design and develop project monitoring tools, including logical framework GANT Charts and other forms to guide the Central Medical Unit staff in their monitoring activities.
11. Conduct regular monitoring of project activities in Bireun Health office; assist in the collation, analysis and interpretation of data generated from project activities.
12. Facilitate financial audit and project evaluation during the last quarter of the project.
13. Prepare and submit interim and final reports based on the requirements of the donor.
14. Perform any other duties that may be assigned.
University degree in Medicine. Background in Psychiatry is a must. Minimum five years clinical and management experience. Experience in Public Health and working with external counterparts and stakeholders. High level of computer literacy, including knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Skills in working with EPI-INFO and/or SPSS are highly desirable. Willingness to travel and proven ability to work under difficult conditions.
Excellent communication skills, both written and oral. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to coach and lead individuals. Ability to work effectively and harmoniously in a team with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds.
Thorough knowledge of English. Knowledge of Bahasa Indonesia or Acehness language would be an asset.
Interested applicants are invited to apply by submitting their application to email@example.com no later than 2nd July 2007 indicating the reference code above. All candidates are kindly requested to specify their availability date in the application form. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Reference Code: RW_74ADQ8-9