Public Health and Behavior Change and Communications Specialist
Location: Indonesia (Banda Aceh, OTH 0N/A)
Closing date: 11 Aug 2007
Public Health and Behavior Change and Communications Specialist (1316)
The Public Health / Behavior Change and Communications (PH/BCC) specialist in Aceh will oversee several public health programs that are either on-going or in development. These include: community-based water supply and sanitation; the training of health department sanitarians; a “healthy markets” program; avian influenza; clinic reconstruction/equipping.
Tasks of the PH/BCC Specialist will include:
1. Program development (needs assessment, baseline/follow-up surveying, program design, etc.) related to:
– community-based water supply and sanitation;
– a “healthy markets” program;
– avian influenza;
– clinic reconstruction/equipping.
2. IEC materials development related to the above (needs assessment, message development, pre-testing, working with artists/media, etc.)
3. Training program development and implementation for:
– CHF staff.
– involved/concerned health department personnel (i.e. nurses, sanitarians, etc.)
– a wide variety of concerned community members.
4. Implementation of appropriate monitoring and reporting systems.
5. Liaison with area health agencies/programs.
6. Proposal development related to the above and other health areas as required.
– Previous related expereince.
– Experience working in Indonesia helpful.
Please apply online:
Reference Code: RW_743L66-86